View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 02:25 AM
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi

Default Re: Video Games - Watcha playin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curses View Post
I got Horizon Zero Dawn instead of Mass Effect.
I don't have a PS4, but I'm gonna say you made the right call. Mass Effect Andromeda didn't deserve all the infantile bullshit that was shoveled its way, but the game was quite a disappointment nonetheless, especially from a story telling standpoint. Some pretty impressive investigative reporting on Kotaku's part revealed a highly troubled development history that resulted in a game that was in the works for five years actually being cobbled together in about fifteen months, which is nowhere near enough time for a game this size. I generally agree with the Metacritic aggregate scores, which range from the low to mid 70s.

Since the release, EA closed the Bioware studio that developed ME:A and placed the whole Mass Effect franchise on hold. It appears likely that there'll be no single-player DLC at all.

That said, I'm finding the online multiplayer every bit as addictive as the ME:3 multiplayer. Bioware continues to provide regular support for multiplayer, although how long that continues is anyone's guess considering the relatively small player base.

Just downloaded Warframe, a free-to-play third-person shooter from a small Canadian developer that gotten huge over the four years it's been around. I've played just enough to realize how little I know, but the gameplay is compelling enough that I want to continue.
I ended up buying Mass Effect:Andromeda after all. It was an ok game. And that's about it. Not what I'm used to from Bioware. I saw all the mess about them closing the office, they actually ended up merging with another studio so while there's no single player DLC coming, there may be more Mass Effect.

I don't play multiplayer games much, I play video games to get away from people.*

*there are exceptions. I still occasionally play Neverwinter and ESO
BrotherMan (09-07-2017), Stephen Maturin (09-14-2017), Stormlight (09-07-2017)

Page generated in 0.35604 seconds with 11 queries