View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:31 PM
What would Hüsker Dü?

Default Re: Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
I was promoting the concept that those commenting in this thread do not accept that there can ever be noble police officers dedicated to serving others and (in some cases) investigating abusive officers and bringing them to justice.
I have never made the claim that all police officers are abusive, not have I made any claim that there are no good police officers, neither has anyone in this thread.
I also point out the absence of one view does not necessarily imply the other for those you channeled into this thread via your post which assesses, in one breath, their views regarding police.

If the presumption stands for some commenting positively regarding police officers in absolute terms on the other board you referenced, then the same presumption can easily be equally applied for those who comment negatively regarding police which are found here.

Contextually, I think that even those who may seem to support the notion that police are never abusive on that other board can be shown empirical evidence otherwise...just as many seem willing to do for those making singularly negative assertions about police here.

So, in short, if someone came to this thread and read the singularly negative cases and incidents regarding abusive police officers, would it be justifiable for them to post the presumption that that is the absolute consensus of folks here?

Page generated in 0.14989 seconds with 11 queries