View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
What would Hüsker Dü?

Default Re: Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligulette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
So while this thread may be called "FUCK THA POLICE" what we really mean is fuck the douchebag thugs that abuse their power, arresting, injuring or killing innocent people, and fuck the broken aspects of the system that allow them to legally get away with it. But that should be obvious based on the posts in this thread.
Actually, I am overall suspicious of police. There are a number of people who go into law enforcement with the idea of actually making people safer, and many who actually do that - I am still very leery of the entire institution. I have had enough experience with them (and no, I am not and have never been a criminal) to give me great pause. While I appreciate that sometimes they actually apprehend dangerous people, of late they seem to have (at least in Portland) no real ability to figure out the difference between the mentally disturbed and the truly violent. Their primary method seems to be to shoot first and counter the survivors' accounts later.

But you know who actually WAS helpful yesterday? The mall cop who took a guy to task for leaving his very young daughter alone in our store for about 15 minutes. She was so young she didn't know her dad's name ("I call him daddy.") THAT guy, I feel all right about.
Me too, Caligulette, me too.

Page generated in 0.15502 seconds with 11 queries