View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Captain #EmbraceTheImpossible

Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
I've been playing 5th edition every other week for awhile, though we have only had one session since the new year.

Just started reading the core rule book for Starfinder, which is a science fantasy rpg based on Pathfinder. It looks really cool, but compared to 5e it is very complicated. I'm just trying to make a character here and I feel like I am doing my taxes. I still want to play though.
I haven't played actual D&D since Pathfinder came out, I like that rule set much better than 3.x. It is still fairly complicated.

Starfinder is Pathfinder light. The rules have been further streamlined. I can't compare it to 5e since I haven't looked at a D&D rule book since the hack job that was 4e. Starfinder looks interesting, but yes if anything they made character creation even more complicated.

It does have a very Star Wars feel to it, IMO. Solarians obviously take inspiration from force users. Mystics somewhat as well, but they are closer to say the shamans of Dathomir. Technomancer is the real out outlier, but if you think of them simply as using technology to replicate "magical" effects it's not that far of a stretch.

You do a physical meet up with your group or use on of the digital DM tools?
Crumb (02-05-2018), curses (02-05-2018)

Page generated in 0.17523 seconds with 11 queries