Thread: Save the 'Net
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Save the 'Net

LOL I emailed the guy who wrote this LA Times story telling him it was wrong, and he changed it.

It used to say, "That shield was stripped away late last month when Congress passed a measure to carve out an exception in the communications law after a high-volume political battle. The new law allows states to proceed against websites that knowingly assist or support sex trafficking."

Now it says, "Congress moved to strip away that shield late last month with a measure to carve out an exception in the communications law after a high-volume political battle. When signed into law by President Trump, the measure will allow states to proceed against websites that knowingly assist or support sex trafficking."

I thought you were supposed to point out when you've corrected something in a story, but what do I know? I'm glad they fixed it, though.

The real story here is that Congress just passed incredibly reckless, far reaching legislation by lying about the protections offered by current laws that were and are, for now, working just fine, and we should all be asking what their real motivation is.

Also that the two 'bipartisan' authors of SESTA, Rob Portman and Richard Blumenthal, are obviously the same guy. Look at that little weasel face and tell me that happened twice.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (03-03-2019), Crumb (04-09-2018), JoeP (04-08-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (04-08-2018), Sock Puppet (04-09-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-09-2018), Stormlight (08-27-2018), The Lone Ranger (04-08-2018), The Man (04-08-2018)

Page generated in 0.32056 seconds with 11 queries