View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:48 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Alert Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

Herein I declare that Agent Phil Coulson is the Lord and Clark Gregg to be His holy vessel and Whedon the holy prophet of this new age. I will also go on record stating that without either Clark Gregg or Agent Coulson, everything that Marvel Studios has worked for would not be nearly as successful.

Today, Tuesday September the 24th in the year of our Coul, to be one of the holy days. For it is today that Marvel's Agents of SHIELD was first broadcast.

I'm not going to talk about the first episode in this here post out of respect for our brothers and sisters who live to the east, beyond the small ocean. If one must speak words of praise (or heaven forbid, words of rage) then I beseech you to be mindful of who may have seen and who may have not beheld and when such things have happened.

The setting and plot is thus: This is a post Chitauri world. What happened in New York during the Avengers has changed a lot of things. It is also a very Marvel universe. People are super talented and singularly motivated. I speak specifically of the very pretty people who are amazingly good at what they do. There is powerful magic, terrible technology and diabolical people willing to employ one or all of it to their nefarious ends.

The main players:
  • Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson (pbuh)
  • Ming Na Wen as Melinda May - a multi-talented agent trying to distance herself from some event in her past.
  • Brett Dalton as Grant Ward - an agent who scored almost as well as Black Widow in some field and psych tests.
  • Chloe Bennet as Skye - overly capable computer hacker as keen on discovering other people's secrets as she is trying to keep her own.
  • Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz - Britlander tech geek.
  • Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons - Britlander biology geek.
  • Lola - Agent Coulson's (pbuh) fancy "new and improved" 1962 Corvette.

There are a few loverly uncredited (according to IMDB as yet) surprises that I simply will not give away no matter how much you beg me.

Before I talk about the Pilot episode I will likely watch it at least one more time but feel free to geek up this thrad with either Marvel's Agents of SHIELD talk, praise for Agent Coulson (pbuh) or, to be inclusive to the Marvelverse, anything relating to Marvel's Agents of SHIELD or the greater cinematic Marvel Universe. The Marvel Cinematic Universe includes any Marvel Studios movie or now television show. Marvel based properties handled by other studios (boo, hiss -ed) can be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks, from:
Adam (09-26-2013), chunksmediocrites (09-25-2013), Crumb (09-25-2013), Demimonde (09-25-2013), Dragar (07-15-2014), Janet (09-25-2013), Leesifer (09-30-2013), livius drusus (09-25-2013), Miisa (09-26-2013), The Man (10-02-2013)

Page generated in 0.12399 seconds with 11 queries