View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

Well, the be bim bob wasn't as good as Seoul Food's (cute, huh?), but it wasn't bad, either. I need to really take the time to slice the beef thinner, and I'm going to adopt some of the stuff from your recipe, vm. Basically, bibim means stir in with or something, and bap means rice, so it's just "stuff you stir in with rice." Which is just my kind of cooking. Get a bunch of stuff that's in your refrigerator, or on sale, and mix it all up until it tastes good.

I do need to get bigger bowls. I might just go do that today, because I've been scraping by with these little babyassed bowls just forever.

On topic, tonight, I might make the ODB happy and do meatloaf. If I ever wanted to turn him back into a fat guy, that's how I'd do it.

Meatloaf recipe.
Meat
Loaf

Just kidding.

Make a sauce from:
tomato paste
worchesteresterchishire sauce
pepper
salt
celery seed
cider vinegar
molasses
garlic powder
cayenne pepper

It should be a kind of sweet, and it should make your nose hurt a little, too.

In a big mixing bowl, combine:

lean ground beef
(ground pork, optional)
bread crumbs
eggs
rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, celery seed, etc.
some of the sauce

Until it's firm but a little squishy.

Form it into loaf pans, and bake at 350 or whatever (I have the shittiest oven ever, so take any temperatures with a grain of salt), for a really, really fucking long time, until the meat thermometer says it's almost done.

Take the meatloaf out, drain any giant pools of fat from the pans, and cover it with the remaining sauce, then finish cooking it. (You need to make sure not to burn the sauce.)

Serve it with mashed potatoes with about a million pounds of butter and whole milk mashed in, then add more butter while you're eating it. You'd better eat a salad, too, so you can pretend that you're not just a big fat pig.

I guess you may as well make brownies, too, Porky.

Page generated in 0.12178 seconds with 11 queries