View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 03:05 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: Ultimate Cagefight MMXIX, Democratic Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post

If I learned anything about the media in the last presidential, it's that their primary goal will be to sell the drama, not to help the electorate make informed and rational choices. They want to see a fight and will do what they can to promote one, consequences be damned.
You should realize that there is no such things as “the media,” or “the news media.” There are news mediums, plural, lots and lots and lots of different news outlets, in print, radio, TV, and on the internet. They have different motives, different abilities, different competencies, and so on. Some are good, some are bad, some are wretched — like Fox News, which is a propaganda arm of the Trump administration.

In print journalism, the New York Times and the Washington Post have done more than any other paper to unmask this criminal administration and hold it to account. Some time back I posted a long list of links to Times news articles and editorials that prove this very point. You can look it up.

The Times in particular does not try to gin up drama. It does the very thing you ask — it strives to help people make an informed and rational choice. Trump, dumb as he is, very well understands this fact, which is why he hates the Times … oh, I forgot! According to Erimir and The Man, it’s the ”Vichy” Times!

:lol:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-07-2019)

Page generated in 0.29245 seconds with 11 queries