View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 04:26 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Blockchain, NFTs, and Web 3.0

Yes this is over 2 hours long, but having listened to it, I’d say it’s worth it. Spoiler, He is not a fan.

It’s interesting just how similarly he describes the targets for NFT’s and the conspiracy Qanon minded, only difference is they are more middle class with some disposable cash.

But I’m also reminded of the video game I like to play, PUBG:Mobile, a completely free to play game with zero pay to win elements which sells only cosmetics that is also one of the highest grossing mobile games in the world, easily bringing in over $100 million every month in profit.

They do so by being a combination of legal gambling and wealth flaunting. It’s been both fascinating and a bit depressing to watch. The Mcclarren event was crazy as it was essentially people dropping $4,000 so that in game when they get into a specific kind of car, it transforms into a Mcclarren sports car. Additionally in the pre-game lobby a crate falls from the sky to show that someone in your game had the cash to buy a Mcclarren (skin) but that’s it, it drives and blows up just the same as anything else. It looks cool… I guess… but otherwise is literally a giant “I spent 4k on this game, no big deal!” sign, and it went absolutely crazy!

Similarly it seems like there are no new scams under the sun, just new variations on old ones. Often the new variation just means finding an unregulated market. There was another way to get the Mcclarren, to gamble and win big on a spin. The gambling side of the game is pretty heavily separated from the free to play side, you must pay to gamble. Er do I mean gamble, I mean spend in-game money on in-game items with flashy lights, but without all those pesky regulatory committees and age limitations.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-24-2022), fragment (01-25-2022), JoeP (01-24-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-24-2022), mickthinks (01-27-2022), Pan Narrans (01-25-2022), Sock Puppet (01-24-2022), specious_reasons (01-24-2022), Stormlight (04-15-2022), viscousmemories (01-24-2022)

Page generated in 0.11670 seconds with 11 queries