Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
We all move in the direction of GREATER satisfaction, which leaves us only one choice at each moment in time. What are you so in disagreement with to conclude that this is all bullshit?
You have not established that "we all move in the direction of greater satisfaction" is a fact. You haven't defined your terms nor explained how "greater satisfaction" is measured or determined.
You can't measure "greater satisfaction". You can only observe it.
How can one observer greater satisfaction?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
As I have stated, it is not possible to prove that. You can assert it, you can whole-heartedly believe that is what is happening, others may agree with you, but that is ultimately not a position that can be proven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
As I have stated, you're completely wrong.
Demonstrate that I am wrong and explain exactly how I am wrong, don't just assert it

It cannot be proven or disproven because there is no way to test or measure it. Just like "God exists" cannot be proven or disproven, only subjectively concluded one way or the other.
The only way you can know this is true is if you understand Lessans' observations. If you fail to see the proof, or if you don't want to see it, that does not mean it's not there... although you will continue to tell me that he didn't prove anything. I am waiting until everyone is finished giving their thoughts on free will, determinism, and compatibalism, so they can settle down and really focus on what Lessans is saying. If they are constantly ready to attack, they will not be able to absorb what he's saying and this thread will be another failure.

Page generated in 0.10973 seconds with 11 queries