Thread: SCOTAL Itch
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: SCOTAL Itch

A couple hours ago, I gave you a special legislative edition of Florida Man regarding guns. I don't think I need to tell you Florida Man's attitude to gun control.

California and the Supreme Court are taking a different approach. California now has a ten-day waiting period for anyone who wants to buy a gun, including everyone with licenses. The Supreme Court just refused to hear a challenge to it. (I noted this in a spoiler for the aforementioned Florida Man post, but I think it probably deserves a post of its own.)

On the other hand, there's a not inconsiderable chance that the Supreme Court will eviscerate public sector unions.

There's also a renewed call to impeach Clarence Thomas over his past sexual misconduct. I don't disagree, but I sort of feel we should wait until someone who isn't himself a serial sexual assaulter gets to nominate his replacement.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 02-21-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-21-2018), JoeP (02-21-2018), lisarea (02-21-2018), Sock Puppet (02-23-2018)

Page generated in 0.15537 seconds with 11 queries