View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: Animal hoarding and welfare and stuff

Have you watched Confessions: Animal Hoarders on Animal Planet? You know how stuff hoarders are super emotionally attached to their papers and boxes and whatever? Add a living being that attaches back. OMG heartbreaking and sad...but really, in at least some cases, the hoarder is completely blind to the condition of their animals...maybe due to being overwhelmed, but maybe it's a symptom of the illness too, ya know?

Rescuing to a crappy, underfunded, high kill shelter is not even close to the answer. But AC are cops not animal welfare workers, and certainly not social workers. There will be cases like this with animal hoarders due to that fact, I think.

In some areas AC works closely with a local animal welfare group, or the animal welfare group is contracted by the local government. Like we have a SPCA here that works with the county. Others have county facilities that are just pet jails used to house them during some legal process. I think the human aspect of a hoarding situation is just so complicated.
Thanks, from:
freemonkey (01-20-2011), lisarea (01-19-2011)

Page generated in 0.21380 seconds with 11 queries