View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 04:59 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Default Re: Ultimate Cagefight MMXIX, Democratic Edition

I watched the debate.

Read the full transcript of ABC News' 3rd Democratic debate

Vox: 5 winners and 3 losers from the September 2019 Democratic presidential debate

Business Insider: 7 standout moments from the 3rd Democratic debate

I'm happy to get into debate performance in detail on any of these candidates but right now I'm going to highlight the commentators ABC brought in for the debate:
Quote:
...Contributors Yvette Simpson, Heidi Heitkamp, Rahm Emanuel and Chris Christie will be on the ground reporting the latest developments from the campaign trail and the candidates, and providing analysis before and after the debate.
Yvette Simpson makes some sense as an analyst here, as the chief executive of Democracy for America.

Heidi Heitkamp was rated the third most conservative blue dog, and literally to the right of Republican Susan Collins. The Koch Brothers thanked her for voting to ease banking restrictions. She voted with republicans and Trump more than half the time she was in office, voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, and has an A rating from the NRA. Why is this person opining on the democratic field?

Rahm Emmanuel. I know he's Obama's former chief of staff. He's also a corrupt, union-busting, safety-net gutting corporate tool who allegedly as the mayor of Chicago helped cover up the murder of the black teen Laquan McDonald. Fuck Rahm Emmanuel, why is this piece of shit commentating on the democratic field? Was anyone surprised that he praised Biden and trashed others?

Chris Christie? Do we really need former Republican Governor Bridgegate Christie, who regularly shit on teachers unions, social safety nets, and Democrats generally? The guy who was offered several cabinet positions under Trump? Why is his commentary a thing that would be useful in regard to the democratic candidates?

Page generated in 0.38864 seconds with 11 queries