Thread: DC Nation
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: DC Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir's blood View Post
My thoughts on Aquaman in general are pretty positive. I mean, despite being the only real example of an old DC character who was a ripoff of a Marvel (Timely) character, he actually more interesting to me than the Sub-Mariner, since his default personality isn't jerk.
I've always had a soft spot for Aquaman. In the comics, at least, he's generally portrayed as a more than competent hero. On land, he's generally portrayed as being at least as strong as Wonder Woman, and every bit as good at hand-to-hand combat. (And Wonder Woman actually survived a fight with an enraged, mind-controlled Superman.) In the water, only characters like Superman or the Martian Manhunter can come close to being his equals.

He has also been established as one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. There was one encounter between him and an evil Speedster. (I forget the villain's name.) The Bad Guy basically said, "I'm way too fast for you; you don't stand a chance."

Aquaman replied something along the lines of: "People typically misunderstand how my powers work; they think that all I can do is talk to fish. Actually, I can tap into and control the minds of fish -- or any animal descended from fish. That includes you. For instance, I just shut down the motor center of your brain."

Beatdown ensues.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (12-21-2011)

Page generated in 0.60201 seconds with 11 queries