View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 10:24 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
I've developed a horrible addiction but I regret nothing. Every Friday (hey, that's today, folks! and it's in my fridge already) I cook a medium rare ribeye and steam some brussels sprouts.

I am now in an apartment complex where it's difficult if not impossible to grill anything, so I've mastered the art of pan searing and finishing a steak to a lovely medium rare that's still full of blood. Took a little practice, but yeah.

I have a nice little pile of sprouts and I might even add some garlic toast into the mix tonight since I've worked 11 days in a row and I'm hungry as all fuck right now.
I've never been comfortable with eating steak medium rare. If I see any pink, then I'm ready to ask them to take it back so they can finish cooking it. If I'm going to have steak, I want to be at minimum, medium well, preferably well done.
Like Megatron I like my steaks rare but I probably prefer mine a bit more rare than Megatron. When I was living at home (Many years ago) my father would make meat for cannibal sandwiches, raw hamburger, some raw egg, salt and pepper, and it's ready to eat without cooking at all. My grandfather had a farm where he grew cows for meat and my one uncle had a dairy farm and occasionally had a cow for slaughter, so we could see the animal before it was ground into hamburger. Today I'm less sure about the meat but I still get hungry for raw beef.

Page generated in 0.26672 seconds with 11 queries