View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 09:18 PM
Forum gadfly

Default Re: A sense of humor

Quote:
We received a notice from Twitter last night informing us that we've been locked out of our account for engaging in "hateful conduct." Our crime? We jokingly selected Rachel Levine - a prominent transgender government official - as our pick for "Man of the Year." (This was our satirical response to Levine's being named one of the top women of the year by USA Today. Yes, that actually happened.)

We've been told our account will be restored in 12 hours, but the countdown won't begin until we delete the tweet that violates Twitter Rules.

Here's Twitter's statement to the media regarding our account's suspension: "The account you referenced has been temporarily locked for violating our hateful conduct policy. The account owner is required to delete the violative Tweet before regaining access to their account."

Twitter could, of course, delete the tweet themselves. But they won't. It's not enough for them to just wipe it out. They want us to bend the knee and admit that we engaged in hateful conduct.

I can promise you that's not happening. Truth is not hate speech. If the cost of telling the truth is the loss of our Twitter account, then so be it. We won't compromise the truth just to keep our account.
Twitter Suspends The Babylon Bee | Babylon Bee

When I read the Elon Musk tweet, in which he stated the Banning of the Bee was the reason he decided to buy Twitter, I knew there was still a final hope for comedy, and those with a sense of humor.

When I read internet experts predicting Twitter would stop working, would die, would suck, I knew the Musk Twitter would be a huge success.

As of 2024, Twitter is the most popular social platform for news and current events.

It's also a source of uncensored comedy, and with out question the best social media for those with a sense of humor

- Richard P. Feynman

Page generated in 0.28030 seconds with 11 queries