View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Wildcard!

Default Re: how much should I try to selll this for

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaman
For freemonkey, I don't have much time left this morning but I'd be more than happy to help pick out parts.....
Great, thanks, but my husband took pity and gave me his old one when the fan quit turning altogether on the other. Its got:

Pentium III processor (or PII, maybe)
2 hard drives, 8 GB and a whopping 20 GB
and Windows 2000 Pro.

PRO, baby!! :wink:
I'm so sorry. :sniffle: Sweet baby Jesus, don't put XP on that thing, whatever you do. Our office was trying to make do for awhile when we got a bunch of new people by dusting off some old 450MHz PIII's and then put XP Pro on 'em all. Fifteen minutes to read one e-mail!

Well, if you feel like it - and you can salvage the case - you could have fun waiting for bargains and building your own system. Are you plugged in to your internet connection or are you wireless? Plugged in makes life pretty easy for you to get a pretty fast system on the cheap. No new case and monitor would mean you can probably be up and running for, hmm, about $260 + shipping and your system would be faster than mine right now. You might have to do it piecemeal to find the daily/weekly sweet deals, though.

Page generated in 0.14792 seconds with 11 queries