View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Creationists love to insist that "order" cannot arise spontaneously, and so this is "proof" that evolution does not and cannot occur. This is, of course, ridiculous, because self-organizing systems are actually quite common.

Here's a really neat example. Because the metronomes are placed on a movable surface, they can exchange energy, and this ultimately causes all of them to synchronize themselves. It's really fun to watch. I kept waiting for that one near the lower right to finally get with the program.

I liked the metronomes video, But I don't think that evolution ever claimed that complex order ever came to be spontaneously, but random combinations could allow simple order to arise and then to become more complex over time. I used to watch Origins on Cornerstone TV but now I can watch it on YouTube. Their favorite tactic was to present some complex structure of animal or plant and then just ask "How could this arise by chance?" without giving any real refutation. The demonstrations were sometimes quite educational but the conclusions were quite comical.

Page generated in 0.47391 seconds with 11 queries