Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 06:53 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post

As usual, he accused his opponents of something he himself did. It is always, always, ALWAYS projection with these motherfuckers. You could probably build a passable Republican by training an AI to follow the following rules:
  1. IGMFY (I Got Mine; Fuck You).
  2. Cleek's Law (Today's 'conservatism' is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily).
  3. It's Always Projection.
  4. The Object of Power Is Power.
I think it would probably fool other Republicans, but it might not pass a Turing test, because I don't think the Republicans would pass a Turing test either. (Or a Voight-Kampff test. There are eight letters that appear in both "Replicant" and "Republican". Coincidence? It is irresponsible not to speculate.)

In other news, in the "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally" department, the Daily Mail has broken an absolutely horrifying story about serial domestic abuse by White House staff secretary Rob Porter, who has just resigned (when there's photographic evidence, that's pretty much game over). Moreover, the Mail has established that Gen. Kelly, for whatever reason, knew about the domestic abuse and did nothing about it - in fact, kept defending Porter. I can't read why he chose this specific hill to die on - I mean, he'd pretty much already outed himself as a misogynist, but still. Kelly has claimed that he didn't know about Porter's abuse, but the Mail and other sources seem to have convincingly discredited these claims already.

Of course, this is the Mail, so they're still milking as many stories out of it as possible. I'll link two of the more relevant ones and leave it at that. Trigger warning for assault, strangulation, and probably half a dozen other things I'm too dazed to think of right now. The articles have photos.

John Kelly 'shocked' by Rob Porter abuse allegations | Daily Mail Online

Ex-wife of Trump aide Rob Porter tells of abusive marriage | Daily Mail Online

And here's a testimony from one of Porter's ex-wives (ALL THE TRIGGER WARNINGS).

Why I Stayed

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to be ill.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 02-08-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Link title
Thanks, from:
JoeP (02-08-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-08-2018), SR71 (06-21-2019)

Page generated in 0.07587 seconds with 11 queries