View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 01:50 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: How's the fucking weather where you are?

We had (and are still on the tail end of) a crazy windstorm. There were branches flying offa trees banging against the back of the house, the windows were rattling, the dogs were panicking, and then, the power went out for a couple hours. So I checked the outage status on my phone* and they were like, "Yeah. Power outages everywhere. Stop telling us about it all the time."

Part of the roof flew off the Center for the Performing Arts and nailed a pickup truck. A bunch of wooden furniture blew across I-25. The mailman came over after his route and said he'd watched one tree fall and land on a house and another take out a mailbox, which he took a picture of to prove it wasn't just a super-powerful mail delivery. Then the door of some business blew shut and banged up his leg.

* And just yesterday, there was a lady who was having an emergency, so I gave her one of the cheap portable chargers I always try to have on me, so I was down one charger. I didn't end up needing it, but I do need to replenish, because sometimes our power goes out for pretty good stretches. Also, I kind of like having an extra loaded charger I can just hand out to ladies having emergencies, you know? :cheesywink:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (04-18-2018), JoeP (04-18-2018), Limoncello (04-18-2018), Sock Puppet (04-18-2018), SR71 (04-18-2018), Ymir's blood (04-18-2018)

Page generated in 0.12385 seconds with 11 queries