Thread: Old negatives
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Bow down before me ... or not.

Default Re: Old negatives

We sent ours in to a company that digitized them for us. But we had billions of them, since half of our lives were in the pre digital era.

What you'll find is the phone will take something that could be blown up wall sized and convert it to something that can only be viewed on a phone screen. I get that all the time when people look at the photos I take and then ask why they can't get the same type of framed on the wall stuff with the photos on their phone. And I don't even have as good a camera as I should so I'm limited.

I converted my parents black and white wedding photos to digital and the files were large 20 to 50 meg files. I could have made them smaller by tossing out the fine details, but that sort of defeated the purpose of them taking medium format photos in the first place. I did reduce them in size for a 50th wedding anniversary slide show, but I still have the originals and was able to zoom in considerably and crop them rather then simply shrink them to size. It's better to start with the best and store that somewhere then work off copies of it.

In your case the best is actually the negative.
Ari (06-08-2018), Ensign Steve (06-08-2018), JoeP (06-08-2018), Pyrrho (06-09-2018)

Page generated in 0.36942 seconds with 11 queries