View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Fucking education! How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
the broader the public participation you have the more likely you will have a good system.

This I must disagree with, more money will not always fix a broken system. It's like saying if you pay more you will get better people, WRONG, if you pay more you will get people looking for a higher wage, more money does not always get higher quality, especially with people.
I didn't say the more money. I said broader public participation. There is a difference. But in this case I don't think it will help. Because even though participation from the powerful and well-off families is missing from public education, if they all sent their kids to public schools it is likely to have no impact. In software there is a saying, building the thing right is not the same as building the right thing. In the case of public education, it is doing neither. And as far as I can tell nobody knows what is the right thing to build let alone build it right.

OK point taken, but it only works if the 'broader participation' is accepted by those in control. If the adminstration and staff persue their own agenda without regard to anyone elses opinion, because they are the experts, public participation will fall on deaf ears. Parents and teachers are not always on the same page or at the same level of knowledge about the subjects.

Page generated in 0.13867 seconds with 11 queries