View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:20 AM
Rambling Old Fart

Default Re: Hi, I am Dingfod. I am alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuss Apollo View Post
For the true alcoholic, the idea of control is an illusion,...
The Shrink that, one day, after he told me I was an alcoholic.

This was after I stopped in a bar in Ft Lauderdale after work on Friday, and woke up in Virginia Beach the next Tuesday, with nothing but a pair of cut-off shorts, and no frigging clue what happened that weekend.

That was about the third time Something like that had happened.

I quit drinking for years, and did very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuss Apollo View Post
and the memory of a hangover is no deterrence as soon as its over.

If I thought I could drink in safety I would, but the last time I tried that I was drunk for a year and a half.
I finally decided to see if I could have a beer without going apeshit, and it worked out OK. So far, I have been able to keep it under control. Just a beer with dinner, or maybe two when meeting with co-workers. The fear of fucking my life up, so far has kept me doing well.

I suppose, one day, I might just not give a fuck, and that will be the time it all comes down. With luck, that will be when I am a doddering old fart wandering a Mexican Beach with nowhere in particular I need to be.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (02-25-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-25-2019), Kyuss Apollo (02-27-2019), lisarea (02-25-2019), slimshady2357 (02-25-2019), SR71 (02-25-2019), Stephen Maturin (02-27-2019), Stormlight (02-25-2019), The Man (02-25-2019)

Page generated in 0.12707 seconds with 11 queries