View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: On decorating with words (or whatever)

Okay, the shelves are built and painted turquoise, involving much pain and suffering, and we have been moving all the things. Hubby works in a shoes store, so brought home a million shoe boxes. Some are brown, some are a rusty orange, some are a sage green, some are black. None of the colors look bad together or with the turquoise, so I covered only the box tops in brown craft paper (so there is cohesion), and put a simple label on each box (used address labels). So there is a box for Star Wars action figures and a box for woodland creatures, etc times a million all along one of three walls. The longest one

While suffering even more with contusions and back sprains, we got the big industrial shelves that were useless for toy storage out, moved a separate toy shelf unit to the short wall and put the bed against the other long wall, lengthwise daybed style (the 4th, short, wall is floor to ceiling bay windows).

I have a super beat up, but sturdy, hand me down 2 shelf bookcase, that is a really unfortunate size in that it doesn't fit on any wall with any other piece of furniture (it's been preventing the closet door from closing for a long time).

I did some mazzuring and realized it is the right size for a sort of headboard, or end unit for the bed. So we put it there and it fits and allows access to the books and can be used as a nightstand as well.

Back to the problem, it is beat up bad, like not even shabby beach chic, but more like from the garbage. So, do I just paint it, or contact paper it? Wallpaper? Decoupage? Vinyl tiles? It needs to be a sturdy finish because it is a working bookshelf and will have a lamp and clock and stuff on it too.

Page generated in 0.12456 seconds with 11 queries