Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Along those same lines, go Nancy! :cheerleader:

Nancy Pelosi To Trump: Delay State Of The Union Until Shutdown Ends | HuffPost

Quote:
Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th.
Most delectably, there is precedent for such a delay, involving you'll never guess who, unless it's something you happen to remember. I didn't.

Quote:
Delaying a presidential address to a joint session of Congress is not without precedent. In 2011, then-President Barack Obama agreed to delay a special address to Congress at the request of then-House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), after Boehner argued that the last-minute event required more time for arranging security.
So, I read what the US Constitution says about the State of the Union.

Quote:
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient
Most of the ceremony we recognize as the State of the Union is primarily tradition.
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (01-16-2019), SR71 (01-16-2019), Stephen Maturin (01-17-2019), The Man (01-19-2019)

Page generated in 0.15245 seconds with 11 queries