Thread: Random Cthulhus
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Solipsist

Default Re: Random Cthulhus

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Tanker View Post
Isn't there a new Cthulhu movie being made soon?
I was only aware of the "silent" The Call of Cthulhu (2005) which I think you can only buy via The Call of Cthulhu DVD (and which I haven't seen but is apparently good).

But imdb says there's also Cthulhu (2007). It's got Tori Spelling in it ... and yet
Quote:
To be blunt: Cthulhu is not a good film. I had high hopes going in, as I do with all films shown at SIFF, but I was disappointed throughout and I know others were as well. From the mediocre-to-outright-horrible acting (except, ironically, for Tori Spelling who plays a sexy, baby-seeking blonde), to the lackluster script, to the 2 hour running time (note to director: you should be GLAD you were forced to reduce it to this length).... starting at the half-way point I could not wait for it to be over. Had the film been written and shot as a tongue-in-cheek comedic version of the story with intentional sarcasm, etc, it might have worked. But the combination of trying to make a serious film, plus the bad acting, makes Cthulhu not quite worth the celluloid it's printed on.
My digest from the other comments is that is could be quite a good quiet horror, but doesn't have any real connection to Cthulhu.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:

Page generated in 0.49152 seconds with 11 queries