View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 02:50 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default The 7 habits of highly effective Kindergartners?

So yeah, Stephen Covey wrote a book, The Leader in Me, after an educator adapted his 7 habits for elementary age children and implemented it successfully in a Raleigh NC magnet school that was about to lose its magnet status (A.B. Combs Elementary). Now it's a thing. Now it's a thing Kiddo's school is doing.

The principal gave me a copy of the book and I have started reading it, and it sounds so far like decent, common sense principals to me (I am a fan of Dale Carnegie due to pragmatism). So my reaction is mostly "why not teach kids to look for "win-win" solutions to conflict and take responsibility and shit like that? :shrug:"

Because I am pretty sure the book itself will bore me, I was searching for a quick overview, and looks like some people think the program is evil....repackaged Mormonism, cult-like group think, corporate brainwashing.

I've never read 7 Habits. My only experience with FranklinCovey was in the early 90's and I, and all of my coworkers, were given Franklin Planners by the boss. A simple address book and notepad would have sufficed because I could never use the planners as intended by FranklinCovey.

Anyway, if anyone has any experiences or insight to share, thanks. I am probably going to be on the parent team for this program next year.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (12-31-2014), Crumb (05-01-2014), Janet (05-10-2014), Kyuss Apollo (05-04-2014), wildernesse (12-31-2014)

Page generated in 0.36616 seconds with 11 queries