Thread: Law skewl
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:04 PM
moonbat!

Default Re: Law skewl

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
Damn, what happened to all the lawyer types? This must be their heavy season.
Vacation happened to me; I just got home last night from 2 weeks on holiday. :cool:

Re: Tucker Max... heh, my Legal Profession/Professional Responsibility instructor was the John Steele mentioned in the charity auction debacle story.

Maturin, wildernesse, maddog, vremya, and Scarlatti have touched on pretty much everything: the pains of 1st year grades; developing a need for bifocals or reading glasses; the fact that what you learn in the law school classroom doesn't teach you a whit about actual lawyering; the importance of choosing good teachers. The only things I would add to the advice/recommendations are to look at what sort of clinical programs are offered at the various schools you are considering (because those programs are where you will really learn "how" to be a lawyer) and to keep your mind open about exploring different practice areas. Before I started law school, I thought for sure that I wanted to do contracts and that never in a million years would I have anything to do with criminal law.

If you have the time and inclination, I say go for it! The skills you'll learn and subject matter you'll cover are pretty useful to know, even if you end up never practicing law. With your background in international studies, I wouldn't be surprised to find that you become Ambassador ChuckF, Esq.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (08-08-2007), LadyShea (08-10-2009)

Page generated in 0.27592 seconds with 11 queries