View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 09:37 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: Seen any crappy movies?

The Slumber Party Massacre

There is a scene where the killer stands in silhouette over one of his terrorized female victims, his legs are wide apart and a long drill bit is pointing directly down. That pretty much sums what this movie is.

This is exploitation film at it purest. There is both a murder and gratuitous nudity in the first 15 minutes, and both are fed to you in a steady stream. There's no question who the killer is - you see him after the first kill and he's named in the news reports about the escaped maniac - news that all of the main characters ignore, so it's not about the suspense of finding the killer.

This pretty much hits all the tropes of a slasher movie: People act in predictably stupid ways, don't call the police, don't talk to each other, and have no situational awareness. The killer get lucky that loud noises hide his murders. Things are only bloody when it's good for the plot, and fake-out jump scares are plentiful.

Also nowadays, I'm not super excited about watching people acting as teenagers get nude, even if I'm certain they're all actually adults. I also don't really like the boys peeping on the girls. This movie is pretty gross overall.

Silent Night, Deadly Night, Part 2

What a lot of filler to get up to, "It's Garbage day!"

This movie is a clip show. It recaps the first movie, then shows you unconnected scenes ending in the one above, and then there's a final showdown. Eric Freeman is that much over-the-top the whole movie. It's the only interesting thing about this.

There is also a surprising amount of sexual assault in this movie. It's not really recommended for that reason alone.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (01-19-2020), lisarea (01-20-2020), slimshady2357 (01-20-2020), Stormlight (01-20-2020), The Man (05-29-2020)

Page generated in 0.09520 seconds with 11 queries