View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: The Gallery of Awesome

I wish they'd release it on blu-ray already. Dangit, I wanna be able to watch it in HD whenever I feel like seeing a great "cheer-me-up while making me sniffle a bit" movie!

Trivia: I once dated a young woman who insisted that "cartoons are for children," and no matter how hard I tried to convince her that there are some really terrific animated films out there, she refused to believe me. Finally, on one of our "movie date nights," I brought my dvd of The Iron Giant and said, "No questions or complaints -- this is what we're watching tonight." She grumbled, but finally agreed. Afterward, she grudgingly admitted that it really was a great movie, despite being a "cartoon."

Not long afterward, she went back to insisting that "cartoons are for children," so I decided to try again. This time, I tried to get her to watch Grave of the Fireflies. (If you've never seen it before, that's a movie which will reach right into your chest, rip out your still-beating heart, and then stomp on it for good measure.) That might have been a bad choice. She only watched about half of it, and I was never again able to convince her to watch any animated film.
Thanks, from:
Janet (10-17-2015), Spacemonkey (10-19-2015)

Page generated in 0.31865 seconds with 11 queries