Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Where is the slew of problems? All I said is that by the time light gets to Earth the wavelengths will be so far apart (the inverse square law) that we will not get an image because there will be no resolution..
Except that a few weeks ago you agreed that "uncalculable" numbers of photons from the sun fall on the earth every second! "Uncalculable" was your own word. Do you now wish to argue that we can't see the sun even if uncalculable numbers of photons fall on the earth from the sun, every second?

And yet, as I noted earlier, one photon from a source is sufficient to get a response from the retina, and only five to nine photons within 100 ms is necessary for the brain to register an image!
I agree with you, but if we see in real time these photons are going to be detected long before 81/2 minutes. If we're talking about light from a past galaxy, that's a different story altogether. We would be seeing the light (in real time) that has traveled from the distant past, which gives us a lot of information about the galaxy just from the light alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm
You don't even care that you routinely contradict yourself, do you? Intellectual slob that you are, you throw out all sorts of nonsense, much if it self-contradictory, and then whine and mewl and demand to be taken seriously!
I'm not mewling and I'm not whining. I'm trying to answer as best as I can given a lot of questions being thrown at me at once. My mistakes don't prove this account wrong. My mistakes only prove that I made a mistake but by no means does this translate to this account being fallacious. Stop jumping the gun David just because you don't like the claim.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Page generated in 0.12651 seconds with 11 queries