View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

My expectation was for something signatorially Whedon. Something transformative of culture and-or the genre like Buffy. What I feel I'm getting, aside from tidbits of dialog or spare hints at a larger arc, seems a lot more generic.

I also realize I wanted a great big mash of several things that may or may not play nicely together. The main thing I was hoping for was a Marvel-esque version of Mission: Impossible. A team of highly trained, very capable people who got shit done with exquisite planning, attention to detail and a skoshe of luck should something not go according to plan - plus the heady feeling of SHIELD, FUCK YEAH of the team driving away at the end with everyone else asking wtf just happen. I was also hoping for a smattering of Fringe/X-Files plot and world building And plus, now with the Swiss-Army Coulson (or so everyone thinks) a pinch of MacGuyveriness wouldn't have been out of place.

So, in addition to not getting what I thought I was - which I can be okay with - I feel we're getting short sheeted with something that has the Marvel name on it but really could be about any spy team that is hastily assembled from inferior parts which somehow magically turn out to be the best assembled (no pun) team.

To note: I don't h8terade. I'm just critical because I know for fact Whedon is more capable but it looks like something(s) or someone(s) has monkey-wrenched it.

To whit, this week: I'm just glad some of the plottiness has been forwarded at least a little bit.

Thanks, from:
Adam (10-24-2013), Dingfod (10-25-2013), Janet (10-25-2013), The Man (10-24-2013), wei yau (10-24-2013)

Page generated in 0.22631 seconds with 11 queries