View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Tellifying

Default Re: Neither WAR nor WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
One of the trickier aspects of learning a new MMO is getting the lingo down. I don't know if there's a comprehensive list of what we call things or not. If there is it's probably somewhere amidst these links. There is quite a bit of info that's been collected over the more than four years the game has been running.
Thanks for the links, I've spent some time reading them, but frankly I just can't wait to play. I doubt that I have characters that best utilize min/maxing or power combos. They are pretty much themed based on the histories I imagine for them.

Still the maps and stuff have been very helpful as I had no idea how to get to "The Hollows" for a while there.

Speaking of which, there are an awful lot of gangers just hanging around that area. And I love how the AI gets them to fight one another once they are in proximity. But, I noticed that they will all turn on me whenever I show up.

Quote:
I hope you're doing okay acclimating to the environs.
I think I'm still very much in exploration mode. I'm amazed at just how expansive the environs are, I doubt I'll visit every nook and cranny of Paragon City.

Quote:
I think running through a mayhem is a lot more fun than a safeguard. Mostly because you can destroy just about everything! It's quite cathartic. You can do a safeguard hero side which is sort of like a mayhem but totally different as in you're trying to prevent a villain from escaping with the cash.
Mayhem is fun. I love tossing civilians into air with Levitate! I didn't spend as much time doing that, as the clock was running. Turns out that I did have more than enough time leftover to wreak havoc.

Quote:
There are the same temporary awards (Atlas Park = jetpack, and so forth you dig).
I heart my Raptor Pack. Flying is just so cool.

Quote:
How good is your computer? I ask because the top end villain zone, Grandville is, well, a place of scum and villainy and is mean to even some of the better rigs.
It's not a high-end gaming rig, but it's got a decent graphics card which I upgraded. I do notice that sometimes when I first start to run or move, my character stutters. I don't know what's causing that, but it gets very annoying. It might be my wireless keyboard, though.

Quote:
Oh, another place of information: Vidiotmaps. Has various maps of the many zones, items of interest and links to the multitude of badges and how to acquire them.
Will definitely check this out, provided that reviewing the maps won't spoiler anything for me.

Page generated in 0.32762 seconds with 11 queries