View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 04:29 AM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Default Re: Charitable Giving

Someone who won't be getting a donation from me:

Quote:
Fed up with the ACLU? Your support for a new $100,000 Matching Grant will help stop its attacks on your values!

Dear Friend,

My name is Alan Sears.

I am president of a unique legal alliance called the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF), and I am writing to ask you to help defend our faith and freedoms in courtrooms across America.

. . .

Why should you support ADF? Let me ask you a few questions.

Are you tired of the ACLU telling Christian students they can't publicly say a prayer at their high school graduation?

Have you had it with the ACLU aiding activitists to go to public schools and tell little kids that homosexual behavior is not only okay, but good--and that two men living together is a "family"?

Are you angry that court-approved abortion continues to kill more than a million babies every year in this country?

Are you just plain heartsick that our country has become so secular?

Yes?
I am, and so were the 35 Christian leaders who launched ADF 15 years ago.

Frankly, they were fed up with the Amrican Civil Liberties Union's and other leftist groups' efforts to suppress people like you and me to achieve their goal of making America a completely secular nation.

And do these outstanding leaders--including Dr. James Dobson, the late Dr. Bill Bright, the late Larry Burkett, the late Dr. D. James Kennedy, and others--took strong action to stop the ACLU.

. . .

If you're fed up with the ACLU,, take heart! By God's grace it has met its match. . . .

And when you contribute, you will feel good knowing you're doing something very effective to help stop America's tragic drift away from its roots.

You see, the ACLU was created nearly 90 years ago for the express purpose of driving virtually all public Christian influence out of America's public square. . . .

The ACLU is passionate about suppressing people like you and me, who want nothing more than to be free to live out our faith and who are willing to stand up for Our First Liberty--religious freedom.

And we will lose that freedom if we don't stop the ACLU and its allies!

These groups--Americans United for Separation of Church and State, Planned Parenthood, and many others--share the ACLU's objectives: to suppress Christians' rights to hear and speak the Truth and to limit Christian influence in our country.

. . . etc., etc., etc.
No idea how I made it onto their mailing list.

Last edited by ShottleBop; 07-04-2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Correcting typos

Page generated in 0.51111 seconds with 11 queries