View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:49 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: Why the Mainstream Media Really Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Yay for you Merkins. Over here the trend is still going the other way, with right wing populist xenophobe extraordinaire Geert Wilders playing the sensasionalist media like a violin and the 'serious' media terrified of being finger-pointed as belonging to the 'leftwing church'.
I'm not holding my breath just yet. Our own home-grown right-wingers have proved most adept at playing the media.

Even if NPR makes good on its pledge and sticks to its guns -- and that's a big "if," in my opinion -- they represent a pretty small percentage of our media. It's a pretty non-representative subset of the U.S. population that listens to NPR. News outlets like Fox and CNN have far more viewers/listeners, and are far more influential. And I don't foresee CNN or -- God forbid -- Fox ever adopting such a policy.
Let's give Fox news due credit. They never try to report both sides of a controversy with anything approaching fairness or balance.
BrotherMan (03-16-2012), Janet (03-16-2012), Kael (03-17-2012), SR71 (03-17-2012), Ymir's blood (03-16-2012)

Page generated in 0.22003 seconds with 11 queries