View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: Why the Mainstream Media Really Sucks

Yes!!!!!!

Let us hope that they mean it, and that they stick to their guns.

Conservatives will, of course, insist that this is "proof" of NPR's "liberal bias."

But I'm so sick of the way the mainstream media (and NPR is one of the worst offenders) almost always try to present "both sides" of a "controversial" story, as if they have equal merit. All too often, that simply serves to manufacture "controversy" where there is none.

A good example is the "controversy" over anthropogenic climate change. On the one hand, you've got pretty-much every qualified climate scientist. On the other hand, you've got a bunch of PR guys funded by the coal and oil industries. To pretend that their "opinions" on the issue are of equal merit is just plain false and seriously distorts the issue.

Another recent example from NPR: "Whatever your view of Limbaugh, he's one of our most gifted controversialists." That made me want to throw up when I heard it.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-18-2012), lisarea (03-15-2012), Nullifidian (03-16-2012), Ymir's blood (03-15-2012)

Page generated in 0.31159 seconds with 11 queries