Thread: Miscellany
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 11:24 PM
Oh, brilliant.

Default Re: Miscellany

Hey, I should probably read this thread more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
The Man's current avatar seems particularly appropriate for these times:

Not just the expression, either. The first track on that album is painfully on point, particularly the lines: "The fate of all mankind, I fear/Is in the hands of fools."

Yes, I'm a fucking nerd. These days, I'm an angry, depressed nerd, and now this song is earworming me.
Technically, that's from the third song, "Epitaph". The first song, "21st Century Schizoid Man", is particularly on point, too, though: "Death seed blind man's greed/Poets' starving children bleed/Nothing he's got he really needs/Twenty first century schizoid man." I suspect the lyrics about the Vietnam War from that song will quickly become relevant again too, though.

Anyway, yes, I felt like this album cover is a perfect image for our times, because the lyrics on the album are quite relevant to our times and I believe the album cover reflects how nearly all of us feel right now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that shortly after I began using it here, Greg Lake died, so maybe that's my fault. Sorry about that. (I had definitely been using it elsewhere before he died, at any rate.)

Also, sorry to Janet as well for dredging up the nightmares.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

Fool’s Gold · last.fm · soundcloud · Marathon Chronicles
Thanks, from:
Janet (12-27-2016), Sock Puppet (12-27-2016)

Page generated in 0.39021 seconds with 11 queries