View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 08:00 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: Video Games - Watcha playin'?

I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox. I've got it modded to heck, with mods to improve the graphics, add more trees and other vegetation, increase the size of the cities and add more citizens, add more quests, etc.

I admit that I used a "cheat" mod to level up my character's skills. Why? Because I've played "vanilla" Skyrim a half-dozen times or so. While it's indeed fun to slowly go from some nobody who can be slain by the lowliest of Bandits to the legendary Dovahkiin who slays Dragons with ease, I don't care to spend the next several weeks endlessly mixing potions to build my Alchemy, endlessly slaving away in the forge to build my Smithing, etc., etc. I wanna get out there and beat up Bandits, slay Dragons, and generally make Skyrim a safer place -- instead of wasting time building up skills like "Light Armor," which I never intend to use anyway.

I've gotta say, when properly modded up, Skyrim SE looks fantastic!

One especially nice thing is that in the vanilla game, it was all but impossible to get a good-looking character -- Elves look like emaciated Vampires and most Humans (especially Nords) look like they're about 80 years old and wearing 5 pounds or so of eye liner.

But with a few of the proper mods, I've not only got a Breton Dovahkiin who smacks around hapless Bandits with ease, she looks fine while doing so.

Alessa Firetress ponders the mysteries of life. For example, why would a Bandit (pictured in background) be so stupid as to attack someone who's literally wearing the bones of the Dragons that she has slain as armor?

Whiterun is lovely this time of year.

Did I leave the oven on?

It wasn't my intention, but after I finished creating the character, it occurred to me that she looks rather like Jennifer Lawrence. While that wasn't a conscious decision on my part, I'm not complaining about the result. [I'm not so sure I like the new "focusing" feature though; it means that if you're looking at the background, your character is out of focus; if you're looking at your character, the background is out of focus.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alessa 2.jpg (660.3 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Alessa 3.jpg (932.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Alessa 4.jpg (880.0 KB, 94 views)
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-06-2016), Crumb (11-07-2016), curses (11-07-2016), JoeP (11-06-2016), Stormlight (11-07-2016)

Page generated in 0.14934 seconds with 12 queries