View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Default Re: Iffy therapies given thumbs up by the FDA. SCARY! I'm

As godfry correctly points out, regulatory agencies ain't exactly the best sources of complete information in a profit-based healthcare system. And indeed, there are plenty of LASIK problem stories out there. Mary Pierce, a former pro tennis player of some renown, reportedly had some serious issues back in the early 2000s.

But, as always, unsubstantiated conspiracy mongering and emotionalistic claptrap amount to exactly jack.

Dr. Waxler petitioned the FDA to withdraw pre-market approval for the devices used to perform LASIK procedures and issue a public health advisory. The FDA's response is available here. Perhaps you could explain, in a detailed point-by-point manner, exactly where and how the FDA went wrong in its response.

Also - and I realize this may be a bridge too far - please provide the detailed, point-by-point exposition without citing the websites of any anti-Semitic, moon landing denying Sandy Hook truthers, plzkthx.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Adam (10-12-2016), Angakuk (10-11-2016), Ari (10-11-2016), But (10-11-2016), Crumb (10-12-2016), livius drusus (10-12-2016), Stormlight (10-11-2016), The Man (10-11-2016), thedoc (10-11-2016)

Page generated in 0.39289 seconds with 11 queries