View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 07:17 PM
California Sober

Default Re: Anyone know anything about Honolulu, Hawaii?

Honolulu is the capital of Hawaii. It's on the island of Oahu. There's a beach there called Waikiki. I been there once when I was like 10. So probably not that helpful but let's see what I can remember.

We took a bus tour up Diamondhead and through the Dole pineapple fields. They gave me a fresh pineapple to keep cuz it was my birthday. I got killer canker sores in my mouth from all the pineapple I ate. I also ate a ton of shave ice (I forget what they call it, maybe shave ice) and I got a really really really bad sunburn. We went to a Luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center, but I have since learned that the PCC is fairly problematic, as is the American occupation of Hawaii in general, so best not to Google that until you get back.

That's it! Never been to Maui or anywhere else. Sounds like fun, enjoy :)

Oh yeah! One more thing I know. Honolulu is the only U.S. capital that has a royal residence, which I guessed correctly on Final Jeopardy, but everybody on TV got it wrong, probably because people are so euro-centric.
Ari (06-11-2019), BrotherMan (06-12-2019), JoeP (06-11-2019), Limoncello (06-11-2019), Stormlight (08-02-2019)

Page generated in 0.22885 seconds with 11 queries