View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: What's a good program for learning computer animation?

So back in the day before it became the bane of all web developers nightmares, Macromedia director was a multimedia creation program that merged basic programing with vector animation to create complex multimedia experiences to put on your CD Roms as was the rage at the time. It kinda fell into the roll of being the only thing integrated into web browsers and away it went to have packages stapled onto its sides and shipped out. Part of the security hell that is Flash is that at it's core a lot of the concepts it was built around were designed for CD Presentations and silly vector web graphics, no one will care about hacking that.

Adobe Animate appears to be the successor to this, using flash and vector based tools to create animated videos. There's a pretty good bet that video was made in either it or Adobe After Effects. Adobe has moved to subscription services so at $20 a month for animate I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm also not quite sure how to steal it anymore. All of my early photoshops were 'stolen' copies, in one case from a graphics designer that was happy to give away their high programs to any interested kid. I would say an indepth tutorial about how to go from opening the program to making some flying text or bouncing ball video exported to the inter webs is more likely to make it worth it.

ToonBoom Harmony I know almost nothing about, looking it up it appears to be the industry standard, but also more complex and geared for more traditional animation. It does appear to have an essentials version at only $15 a month. Ugh, so many subscriptions.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (02-19-2019)

Page generated in 0.25893 seconds with 11 queries