View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:43 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: Pinterest, ladysplained.

Quote:
I think about when you are planning your wedding, you buy a bunch of bridal magazines and look at photos of $500,000 weddings and fantasize. Of course you can't have that wedding, but you can cut out pictures of flowers you think are pretty or an creative idea for a favor, and make a collage and have a visual repository of "things I like" and use that to further plan your event. Same with home decor. Imagine you have your decorator come over and you want to show them what you like, so you show them a collection of pictures you've saved of things you like, and they can tell at a glance what your style is and what you like as far as textures and colors and amount of business or sparseness and plan their design accordingly with your budget in mind.

I can spend as much or as little time as I want posting pictures of wallpaper and bedding I'd like for the guest room, and I don't feel the pressure to run out and get the stuff right now and have it done this weekend. It gives me a chance to think and plan on things first, and be less impulsive, and if the thing never comes to fruition then maybe it was never that important in the first place.
This is how I pretty much live my life. Everything has project folders, either digital or for reals, with all my links and pics and budgets and spreadsheets and stuff.

Sometimes the projects never get started, sometimes the result is totally different than my plan*, sometimes shit gets started but not finished, sometimes it's just a pipe dream or very long term out there (like living abroad)...always, always, always there is some horribly long research and resourcing stage though...Pinterest is working with that trait of mine.

Because yeah, how do you know what you want the result to be if you haven't looked at all the possibilities?

*My vacation plan? That started as a single destination camping trip, and the final plan is a grand fucking driving tour with the original destination totally eliminated. LOL
Thanks, from:
Demimonde (02-27-2012)

Page generated in 0.43896 seconds with 11 queries