View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

The greater nerdverse has been talking about what happened that took Coulson (pbuh) from dead back to alive. It's already been hinted at in the very first episode. But you know this is the child of Whedon. And as we all know you just can't go around expecting the expected from Whedon. I know what you're wanting but I can't help but want Whedon to bite his thumb at the greater nerdverse, at least on this. I won't be hurt or offended if it doesn't happen my way, but maybe just a little sad. That same little sadness where I keep all the things I loved that Joss has already killed in some way or another.

One of the things that occurred to me which led me to declaring the importance of Gregg and Coulson to the MCU is that even from the very beginning he seemed like a character that Whedon would have created on his own. Think on that. From the inception of the MCU with Iron Man there he was. I don't know when Whedon was brought in to work on the Avengers but I'm p sure it wasn't from the beginning.

I know I said I'd watch the show at least one more time before really talking about it, but I have to mention a moment I loved. In that pivotal scene at the end of the scene at the train station Agent Coulson (pbuh) walks in and I see he's carrying his gun. I said to myself, but probably out loud, He wouldn't/shouldn't be carrying his gun like that! and then he goes and sets it down on the ground. I got all :wriggle: and That's my Phil! :wriggle:
Thanks, from:
Demimonde (09-25-2013), Janet (09-25-2013), livius drusus (09-25-2013), The Man (10-02-2013)

Page generated in 0.11151 seconds with 11 queries