View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Default Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

In Which Adem, the One True Heir of House Gorden, Goes Against the Grain and is All, Like, "Meh"

I went into this keeping my expectations deliberately low, and I definitely did not dislike it. But, I'm not hyped up about it, either. After discounting for this being the pilot, with all that entails, I am cautiously optimistic. The premise has strong potential, and there were lots of good ideas and interesting themes flying around, but the execution turned me off in two ways.

So, I guess overall, I thought it was just OK, but it appears to have laid the foundation for something better, and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Edit: I think my biggest fear for this show is that it's going to end up in my sour spot, where it's not good enough for me to nerd out about (like, say, Battlestar Galactica, or Heroes or Lost in their better seasons), but also not bad enough for me to enjoy snarking about (like, say, Smallville, or Heroes or Lost in their worst seasons). I'm afraid it's going to be like that last season of Heroes, where it wasn't actively horrible to the point where I had a good time ripping into it, but it also wasn't good enough to watch for non-snark-related reasons.

Last edited by Adam; 09-26-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spoilers b/c I forgot Ingerland hasn't gotten the show yet
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-26-2013), chunksmediocrites (09-26-2013), Crumb (09-26-2013), Demimonde (09-26-2013), Janet (09-26-2013), Leesifer (09-30-2013), livius drusus (09-26-2013), The Man (10-02-2013)

Page generated in 0.37520 seconds with 11 queries