View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
added to previous post:

Quote:
There are success stories LadyShea, plenty, but if you follow the money there isn't a lot to be made from natural products. Pharmaceutical companies have a lot of money invested in research and development, which is why we get bombarded with advertisements for their drugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
That stops people telling their success stories to the media?
Yes, except on shows like "The Incurables" which are on cable networks and are coming into their own. It's becoming a level playing field, and it's about time for we are being easily manipulated. What we see when we watch primetime television are advertisements from major drug companies. You don't think this is biased television? These networks are depending on this money for their survival. Thank goodness there are laws that demand these pharmaceutical companies disclose many of the known side effects of these drugs. Unfortunately, the viewer has probably gotten immune to these disclosures and will ask the doctor for a prescription anyway.
I don't watch much commercial television, but advertising is certainly not the only way people can get into the media. I can't find many success stories (as in curing cancer) on blogs or forums or in books either. There are some, yes, just as there are successful faith healings and cases of spontaneous remission without any treatment at all, but not nearly as many as one would expect were natural treatments highly effective.

Also, you seem to think people are really stupid. You constantly accuse them of groupthink and now of asking for prescriptions based on nothing more than advertising. Hopefully any readers of the book won't find out you think so little of the average human's abilities to think for themselves.

Page generated in 0.13522 seconds with 11 queries