Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM
High tech redneck

Default Re: Good King Trump

Ok, so I've always avoided Twitter. Don't know why, but Facebook got me first, and that satisfies my cycles of narcissism/self-loathing. Anyway, after all the hoopla about Trump and Twitter, I decided to create a Twitter account and follow just the principle players in this game, DJT, Ivanka, Jared, Jr., etc.. I've been reading bits and pieces of the Twitstorm in the media, but I wanted to read it first hand... very, very, interesting.

My first take-away from the piles of shitposts I've waded through is this: where the hell do we go from here??? The divisions are deep and both sides are letting each other have it with both shit-barrels. I'm most ashamed of the comments coming from my side of the fence, because I think my side is the right side, and I'd like to continue to believe that we have the moral high ground. But, HOW we deliver the message is just as important as WHAT the message is. Maybe even more-so.

I think there is no doubt this president, and his entourage, are going to go down hard. The self-destruction in that circle is more than enough to predict a bad outcome. So, the question for us anti-Trumps is going to be: how are we going to handle the implosion of our own president? Are we going to hurl insults and I-told-you-sos, which is going to just drive us into deeper division, making Democracy completely impossible? Or are we going to try to reach out to the Trumpsters and help them understand that compromise is the only civil way forward? Is compromise even possible? Have we already gone off the cliff???
Thanks, from:
Ari (06-13-2018), Crumb (06-13-2018), JoeP (06-13-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (06-13-2018), Limoncello (06-13-2018), slimshady2357 (06-13-2018), SR71 (06-13-2018), The Lone Ranger (06-13-2018), The Man (06-14-2018)

Page generated in 0.24849 seconds with 11 queries