View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Uber TechnoKiller

Smile Re: Charitable Giving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
For quite awhile I have been wanting to give more to charity, but haven't really gotten anything off the ground. So my plan is to set aside a certain amount of money every month to donate. I am still debating the exact amount. I may start with $50 and then let it grow as I find more things I want to give to.

So I have started a little spread sheet to track what I am giving and where it is going per month. I need ideas on where my money will do the most good. So far I have only Oregon Food Bank on my list. It is good because it is local and has a single simple focus: getting food to the hungry.

Anyone have any suggestions of good secular charities that I might be interested in?

Anyone else give regularly? How much do you generally give? Who do you usually give it to? If you don't you could take this opportunity to start. :D
I'd donate to :ff: or Programs funded by NSF. Check for television networks like PBS they keep commercials to a minimum because they run on funds and they help educate the youth.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-14-2009)

Page generated in 0.26469 seconds with 11 queries