View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 12:04 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Optical illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
And then it happens to you. And the color combination you found so implausible before now seems unambiguous. That's what's wigging me out. I understand the general principles behind how it's happening, but visually, I cannot reconcile the white-gold version I see sometimes with the blue-black version I see other times. I did manage to will myself to swap them once as I was looking at it, and I'm probably going to spend a stupid amount of time practicing that now.
I walk away from the internet for ONE DAMN MINUTE. I watched a little television. Played a little bit of video game. Decide it's time to get through my RSS news. Plop open one link and BLAM. I am confronted with the undeniable-ness of the blue dress with black fringe.

I know FOR A FACT that last night and earlier today the damn thing was WHITE with GOLD. FACT. I was thinking those people who can see it either way are special mutants and I hate them. The people who only saw it as black and blue were WRONG.

NOT. ANY. MORE.

FUCK.

And JUST NOW. When I want to look at all the things I looked at when it was FOR A FACT WHITE with GOLD and it REVERTS on me, so now I only see white/gold.

THIS IS HOW THE WORLD ENDS, NOT WITH A BANG BUT WITH A MAGICALLY COLOR CHANGING DRESS.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-01-2015), Janet (02-28-2015), LadyShea (03-03-2015), lisarea (02-28-2015), Miisa (02-28-2015), SR71 (02-28-2015)

Page generated in 0.45229 seconds with 11 queries