View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
You haven't been clarifying what Lessan meant about vision. You've been making things up because you don't know what he meant or how it could be made consistent with the known facts about the properties of light.
You're absolutely wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
Am I? I don't think so...

Light needed at the retina according to Lessans' account? You made that up.
NO I DIDN'T. LESSANS SAID NOTHING "OTHER THAN LIGHT" MEANING LIGHT IS AT THE EYE

Lenses that can affect distant light not yet at the lens? You made that up.

NOT TRUE. LIGHT IS AT THE LENS IF THIS ACCOUNT IS RIGHT

Mirror images arriving at a film or retina before light gets there? You made that up.

AGAIN, LIGHT IS AT THE FILM BECAUSE THE LIGHT IS THERE SO THIS IS A FALSE CONCLUSION

Non-absorbed light not being reflected? You made that up.

IMAGES (OR NONABSORBED LIGHT) ARE NOT REFLECTED BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING BEING DECODED FROM THE LIGHT ITSELF. IF THIS ACCOUNT IS TRUE THIS STATEMENT IS ALSO TRUE.

'Closed systems' somehow negating actual distances? You made that up.

IT'S NOT THE ACTUAL DISTANCE THAT COUNTS; IT'S THE ENTIRE MECHANISM OF EFFERENT SIGHT THAT CAUSES REAL TIME SEEING

Traveling partial spectra turning into full spectrum light? You made that up.

ALL THAT MEANS IS THAT FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT ARRIVES ON EARTH, NOT A PARTIAL SPECTRUM, AND THAT WE WOULD SEE THE MOON (IF THE SUNLIGHT WAS FIRST STRIKING IT) DUE TO THE INVERSE SQUARE LAW WHICH WOULD PUT US IN OPTICAL RANGE IN LESS THAN 1 1/3 SECONDS WHEN WE GAZE IN THAT DIRECTION.

No information in the arriving light? You made that up.

WHAT INFORMATION IS IN THE LIGHT THAT WOULD ALLOW US TO DECODE AN IMAGE IN THE BRAIN IF IT'S FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT?

The inverse square law preventing traveling light from being resolved? You made that up.

THERE IS NO INVERSE SQUARE LAW FROM THAT DISTANCE. THAT'S WHY I SAID BY THE TIME THE LIGHT GETS HERE IT IS FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT. WE DON'T RESOLVE AN IMAGE FROM FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT.

The fiction that your
account is plausible and contradiction-free? You made that up too.

IT CERTAINLY IS PLAUSIBLE AND WITHOUT CONTRADICTION, BUT YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE IT APPEAR OTHERWISE.
Lol, raving capslock madness. Everything on the above list is something you have COMPLETELY MADE UP in your desperate and completely unsuccessful attempts to make efferent vision look plausible.

Page generated in 0.07621 seconds with 11 queries