View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Do NOT skip your yearly check-ups ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
... No matter HOW healthy and fit you think you are.
Seriously, don't do it.

Of the 3 doctors who've examined me over the past few days, 2 of them flat-out told me that if I hadn't come in on Friday, I might very well have died.

So, that was a rather sobering experience.
It's interesting how an experience like this can change your perspective on being alive. Several years ago my defibrillator went off so I found out exactly what it did. If you're not familiar with it, basically you die and it kick starts you back to life. Since then I have had a rather different view of life and being alive, something my wife has not experienced. I really upset my wife and daughter when I mentioned that sometimes when I lay down on the couch in the afternoon for a nap, I think that is how my father died. He had been out mowing the grass in the morning, came in laid on the couch for a nap and died in his sleep. I'm not sure if my daughter will have a changed attitude now but I pretty sure my wife will not. My daughter and her husband and family were in an auto accident Sun. a week ago, and I believe they are lucky to be alive, the kids were unhurt except for a few brush burns from the seat belts.
Angakuk (02-09-2017), ShottleBop (02-14-2017), The Lone Ranger (02-09-2017), The Man (02-09-2017)

Page generated in 0.28209 seconds with 11 queries